January 25, 2015

Sounding Off on Audio




I've been a longtime follower of Bookreporter.com and each weekend I look forward to their weekly newsletter, eager to read Carol Fitzgerald's latest thoughts about future and new releases, author news, and my favorite feature, Bets On, which has led me to some of my all-time favorite books. 

Seven years ago, one of my family recipes was mentioned on Bookreporter.com (I wrote about it here) and this week I have the pleasure of being one of the featured contributors to Bookreporter.com's Sounding Off on Audio. I've become a huge fan of audiobooks and enjoyed sharing my thoughts and recommendations. Check it out!

A Conversation with Lesley Scher

Lesley Scher, a bookseller for a major brick-and-mortar retailer, is lucky enough to have her dream job. She loves sharing her favorite books with customers, family and friends...and ever since she got hooked on audiobooks, that list has grown! True to form, Lesley shares some pretty stellar books here, guaranteed to amp up your listening. She also describes the strange way time seems to speed up when you’re listening to a good audiobook, and why sometimes it’s better to listen alone.

Question: How long have you been listening to audiobooks?

Lesley Scher: I’ve been listening for about 15 years, starting in 2000.

Q: What made you start listening?

LS: A friend recommended that I listen to the Harry Potter series, so when a trip to San Antonio from Fort Worth came up, I decided to give the audiobook a try. It helped to pass the time, and I fell in love with Jim Dale’s voice, eager to listen at every opportunity. I was hooked!

Click here to read my entire interview.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, very cool! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JoAnn. I love Bookreporter.com and was quite honored to participate in this feature.

      Delete
  2. Well, you are famous! It was a nice interview and you were able to mention a huge amount of books to listen to on audio. Good job! They picked well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I am still a relative newbie to audiobooks but I do really love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think audiobooks are wonderful, Kailana. I wish my library carried everything I'd like to download... Maybe someday, I'll bite the bullet and subscribe to Audible.com. Just don't like to support Amazon, if I don't have to. ;)

      Delete
  4. How awesome! So glad they have a trusted authority to interview. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Thanks, dear friend. It was fun to participate.

      Delete
  5. What fun! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!